- Standalone dummy FTP server. Run either within the same JVM as test code or in a different JVM.
- Implements common FTP server commands. See FTP Commands and CommandHandlers.
- Supports active and passive mode data transfers.
- Works out of the box with reasonable defaults: success reply codes and empty data.
- Easy to configure command handlers for individual FTP server commands to return success/failure reply codes and custom data.
- Can verify expected FTP server command invocations.
- Easy to implement command handlers for other commands or replace existing command handlers.
- Use a dynamically chosen free port number for the server control port instead of using the default (21) or hard-coding some other value (set the serverControlPort property of the server to 0).
- Fully supports configuration within the Spring Framework.
- Can be used to test FTP client code written in any language
- Using StubFtpServer for testing and simulation of non-default scenarios requires some understanding of the FTP Specification and a configuration of the low-level FTP Server commands.